Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fallout 3

Mostly, I just play Neverwinter Nights 2 when I need a roleplaying fix. But every once in a while, I do like to check out the offerings of other games. So I was over at Gamespot tonight, and noticed this:


Kind of exciting. Fall 2008 is still a long way off, but Fallout 2 is one of my all-time favorite games. I understand that this sequel will be far different in terms of the gameplay, but my primary hope for it is that they will be able to keep the incredible atmosphere and feel of the first two games. We'll see. I'll likely be following news on this one a bit more closely from now on.

2 comments:

  1. that's great news - i love the fallout universe. I really like the SPECIAL system as a rules mechanic too, so hoping they stick with that, and stay true to the previous games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was actually better than I was expecting. Lets hope that they can carry the same atmosphere into the main game.

    I don't really care about combat mechanics or leveling up system as long as the gameplay is fun and the writing is good.

    Unfortunately if Oblivion is anything to judge by, we will end up with nice visuals, an expansive (but bland) world and precious little else.

    ReplyDelete