Friday, July 13, 2007

Obsidian supporting its contest / Wyverns!

I'm making it a weekly habit to report on Obsidian's blog entries, but they've just been so good this past month.

First, the lead feature had to do with Obsidian's fan art contest. I think it's wonderful that Obsidian is doing this mid-term feature on their contest, as it's something that a lot of community members wished they'd done more of during the module contest. There are still a few weeks left for you artistic-types out there, so be sure to get your entries in.

Second, they released a new screenshot of one of the new monster models that will appear in Mask of the Betrayer--a Wyvern (pictured top right). Pretty amazing looking critter--I'm looking forward to seeing it in game! :) It is a bit different of a design than we saw from DLA in Wyvern Crown of Cormyr (below). More avian than reptilian (though aves is technically a clade within reptilia, of course...).

Update:
I decided to grab some more pictures of Wyverns from around the 'net, just because I think they're neat creatures:

Wyvern Hunting by Donato Giancola:

Ochogames:
Draconika:

Another Wyvern:

2 comments:

  1. You have a BG pic?

    The new version is very interesting, though I didn't realize wyverns were related to vultures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't see one in my first search, but here he is!

    I remember about peeing myself the first time that thing came running at my party. :) -B

    ReplyDelete