Monday, August 8, 2011

Playing: Cave of songs

Here's an oldie-but-goodie that I missed. My first foray into nwn1 in a half decade is the Cave of Songs. I'm playing this in anticipation of playing through the prophet series by the same Author.

I'm about an hour in, and having a lot of fun. I'm playing a halfling rogue/ranger, and it's already become clear that I am pretty rusty. I barely remembered what the various skills did (almost used parry!!), and simple strategic things like not rushing into rooms full of monsters have been slow to come back to me. Plus, until I can get my character leveled up a bit to have finesse weapons and an extra Dex bonus, he's rather underpowered. I did start him out as a level 2 character as this mod is apparently balanced for multiplayer, and I hope that will be enough.

Character creation was a little problematic. For nwn2, I had my character creator mod. Here, I used Pretty Good Character Creator for xp/gold, but found it necessary to drop 3/4 of the gold it gave me. 2/3 might have been sufficient had I used an in-mod store, but PGCC's store is set too cheap: 100 markup/100 markdown. I've edited PGCC to 150/35 (iirc) now, but couldn't figure out the gold script and so will probably just drop 2/3 of it from now on.

Anyhow, I'm having some good nostalgic fun. Looking forward to more tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment