Sunday, May 6, 2007

Tragedy in Tragidor and A Bet, A Corpse enter Hall of Fame

I'm a bit late on reporting this, but A Tragedy in Tragidor by Phoenixus, and A Bet, A Corpse by Christian Mayr were inducted into the Hall of Fame this month. Congrats to both authors!

Here is an excerpt from my comments on Tragidor (my vote: 9 - outstanding, a must have):
Tragedy in Tragidor sets a high, early bar for what modules can be in NWN2. It's immersive, fun, and has a good, tight story that generally is told well from start to finish. I think this is a great example of what authors can do when they try to stay within themselves. It doesn't try to be too big, but it still has enough to it to make for a very satisfying experience.
And here is an excerpt from my comments on A Bet, A Corpse (my vote: 8 - excellent, recommended to anyone):
I personally have played well over 100 modules for NWN1, several of which fell into the "bizarre psychological abstraction" genre. But this one probably takes the cake for absurdity. Wonderfully creative ideas throughout. On the surface it's completely random, and yet there is a coherent story here, with pieces that actually do fit together as an intriguing metaphor for the player character's shattered mind. There's good humor here as well, but it's set against the backdrop of something terrible that has happened, which gave the module a very uneasy feeling even as I grinned my way through it.
If you haven't checked these two modules out, there's no time like the present... Also, Christian Mayr has released a module for the NWN2 Grimm's Fairy Tales Contest: Being Good. I'll have comments on it soon (promise! -- been a really busy week with the semester ending, but I expect to have more module playing time in the coming week).

No comments:

Post a Comment