Friday, June 1, 2007

Hacking and slashing

I spent tonight playing Keep on the Borderlands. I think I still have a long way to go, but I'm having fun. I felt that the module started a bit slow, but now that I'm knee deep in dead goblins and their kin, I'm having a great time. The caves you fight in are often long and interconnected, making for a lot of underground exploration...which can result in some surprises when you encounter tougher than expected enemies in a new room. There's also a nice amount of customization of the enemies, and the loot is just right for my level. I'm currently level three, and yet I cannot yet afford full plate at the store for my cleric or her fighter companion, much less magical gear. I love it when discovering mundane half-plate on the body of a hobgoblin actually is exciting because it means an upgrade! :) Good low-level fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hey There. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. If nothing else it's a hack fest.

    ReplyDelete