Friday, February 2, 2007

Challseus enjoying the nwn2 toolset

Given his tremendous success with NWN1 in his Rose of Eternity series of modules, I was pleased to see this posting on Challseus's daily journal:

So, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, so I'll say it again... I am really, really beginning to like the new toolset. For me, the learning curve was not that bad, and all the features are great (minus NWN1 style cut-scenes).

There are still various issues, like some scripts that don't work and such, but nothing that will keep me away from it. My next purchase is going to be a 22" Widescreen Monitor, mainly so that I can have more windows open in the toolset at one time. I may get more memory for my machine, so it runs a bit faster, but for what it's worth, I am happy.

***Hopes Obsidian will fix SetCutsceneMode so that the entire GUI is actually hidden!***

Till tomorrow...

Needless to say, it's good to see individuals like Challseus and Adam Miller enjoying the new toolset. Hopefully we'll start seeing more news from the former individual in the coming months about what he's going to do with it. :)

Speaking of Miller, Dark Waters is being tested by his "internal" QA folks. It's tough to know how close it is, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that we (the public) might see it sometime in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment