Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weird bug with item tags/references

I ran into a weird bug tonight that apparently has to do with item tag length and store inventories.

Here's what I did:
  • Made a copy of a robe of acid resistance.
  • Edited the robe, lowered its resistance to 5/-, and changed all tags (resref, tag, blueprintid, etc) to it_lesserrobeacid.
  • Added it to a store. It looked fine in the toolset.
  • Entered module and checked the store, only to find that the item was listed as a normal robe of acid resistance, not my lesser acid resistance variant.
  • Returned to the toolset. Still looked fine.
Apparently, the issue had to do with the length of the tag strings. When I changed them to it_lrobeacid, it worked fine. Go figure.

Anyway, FRWCC version 1.0.2 is now online at the Vault. I was hoping to get to work on some of the more exciting new features I have planned for that project tonight, but it's high time I get myself to bed. -B

No comments:

Post a Comment