Monday, January 22, 2007

My NWN2 OC Review is online!

I'm pleased to report that my review of the Neverwinter Nights 2 Official Campaign (OC) is now online over at NWVault. Nice to be chosen to headline this weeks' review series, though I suspect it has more to do with being sorted alphabetically than anything else. :)

By my evaluation, the OC's score came in as a 7.71 (between "certainly above average, probably worth a look" and "very good, definitely worth a look" according to our guild's standards). While the second and third acts would have received excellent ratings, the first act really dragged down the scores across nearly all categories. Here's my concluding blurb on the Fun category:
As you can see, I have mixed feelings about the official campaign. I had a great time in the second and third acts, but the first act was, at times, hard to sit through. But even the first act had some great moments, which made it worth playing. Furthermore, the game engine itself works well, offers spectacular visuals, improved rules, and the toolset provides opportunities for our community modders to take their craft to a new level. As a whole, I'm thrilled with the product Obsidian has delivered, and very encouraged by the support that they and Atari have been able to provide the community thus far. With ongoing support from a team of programmers and designers dedicated to this product, there's every reason to think that Neverwinter Nights 2 will be an outstanding platform around which our community can thrive for years to come.

2 comments: